Thursday, December 4, 2008


Now I remember why I like photography. It's not just a picture that I've taken, it's a special part of life. Last friday I was going to go out to Morinville to do some fireworks pictures - cool. What happened was... perfect. I jumped in my truck to head North accompanied by my very special girlfriend - just the two of us no kids - bond time. Just outside of Namao we noticed the sky darkening and were amazed to see it moving. About a thousand+ birds (maybe small ducks) were flying around just over the treeline all around us, Wow! Then as we turned off to go west we saw a deer just over the fence in a field beside the rode. It took off as soon as I hit the brakes. Note: make sure your camera is always ready to shoot - you don't always get a second chance. So now we get into Morinville, the main road was blocked off and we had to park off some side street. When we got back to Main street a Santa Claus parade was going on. Lighted floats, candy throwing paraders, kids and of course Santa. Then Santa turned the Christmas lights on in the park across the street and finally what we came for. Fireworks, great big incredibly beautiful and long show. Much much better than the ones in Edmonton (a million+ huge city). A quick hot chocolate after and then we called it an evening. A great evening. You don't get all that watching TV.

To check out the other pictures go to:
http://www.photomarkonline.smugmug.com/gallery/6708582_qRu6g#428334218_LZnM8

No comments: